Shakira 'Awaiting' First Child With Boyfriend Gerard Pique
The Colombian singer-songwriter has pulled out of this weekend’s iHeart Radio Music Festival, but did not reveal further cancellations.
Shakira will be a mom, the singer announced on her website on Wednesday.
"As some of you may know, Gerard and I are very happy awaiting the arrival of our first baby!" she wrote of boyfriend Gerard Pique, a Spanish soccer player. "At this time we have decided to give priority to this unique moment in our lives and postpone all the promotional activities planned over the next few days."
The singer has pulled out of the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas this weekend, but did not announce further cancellations -- or a due date for her baby.
However, her schedule won't be clearing up any time soon: she's been working on a new album in Barcelona and will join The Voice for its fourth season this spring.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sofía Vergara Reveals Who She Dresses Up For (VIDEO)
- Before The Beat Drops: Heavy English's 'Black Dog' Brings Back Gritty, Bluesy Rock 'N' Roll
- Watch The First Promo For Fox's Controversial New Reality Dating Show 'I Wanna Marry Harry'
- Chelsea Handler Breaks Silence On That Infamous Instagram Photo And Why Network TV Isn't For Her
- Did You Catch the Coen Brothers Easter Egg in Fargo?
- Julie Klausner Talks to Billy Eichner About Billy on the Street, Mayim Bialik, and Getting Fuse to Agree to ‘Ask a Squirter’
- Watch Nick Kroll, Paul Scheer, and NBA Stars Live-Read Space Jam
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues