Shakira to Sign $30 Million Deal With Live Nation, Sony
UPDATED: The Latin superstar is expected to release her next batch of albums via the concert promoter.
Shakira is taking cues from Madonna and Jay-Z: she'll forgo standard music-industry convention and issue her records through Live Nation and her former label, Sony,
According to THR sources, the mega-concert promoter is nearing a projected $30 million-deal with Sony to release Shakira's next three albums, thereby giving Live Nation a cut of the profits from sponsorships, merchandising and music recordings. The companies will divide the sales, with Sony as distributor.
The New York Post first reported the news Monday morning.
In 2008, Shakira left Sony's Epic label to sign a 10-year deal with Live Nation, numbered at between $70 million and $100 million.
Last December, Live Nation's chief executive, Michael Rapino, brokered an estimated $30 million deal with Universal Music Group to record and distribute Madonna's new album, MDNA.
Shakira, the multi-platinum songstress behind such hits as "Hips Don't Lie," released her latest music video for the single "Addicted to You" last week; in April, she took home four trophies at the Billboard Latin Music Awards in Miami. Among the honors were Song Artist of the Year, Female; Albums Artist of the Year, Female; Latin Pop Songs Artist of the Year, Solo; and Social Artist of the Year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Catherine Deneuve Kicks Off Rendez-vous With French Cinema
- Fresh Off His Oscar Win, 'Gravity' Director Alfonso Cuaron Turns To TV With 'Believe'
- 'The Dog' Filmmakers On Finding The Real-Life 'Dog Day Afternoon' Guy
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram