Shana Feste adapting 'You're Not You'
Hilary Swank among project's producers
Fresh off the sale of her Sundance pic "The Greatest," writer-director Shana Feste has been hired by 2S Films to adapt the novel "You're Not You" and direct it for the big screen.
The debut novel of Michelle Wildgen, "You're Not You" is about a dying woman and the younger woman who arrives to take care of her.
2S Films' Hilary Swank and Molly Smith are producing along with Denise DiNovi and Alison Greenspan of DiNovi Pictures ("Nights In Rodanthe").
The Endeavor-repped Feste premiered her debut feature, "The Greatest," at this year's Sundance. In March, Senator Entertainment picked up North American distribution rights to the family drama that stars Pierce Brosnan and Susan Sarandon.
Swank and Smith launched 2S Films, which has a first-look deal at Warner Bros.-based Alcon Entertainment, last June and immediately began to buy up material with money from its discretionary fund.
They acquired Emily Giffin's 2005 debut novel "Something Borrowed" and its sequel, "Something Blue." They have Mireille Guiliano's 2004 bestseller, "French Women Don't Get Fat," in development with Heather Hach adapting. And Sonja Warfield is adapting Karen Yampolsky's "Falling Out of Fashion" for the company.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR