Shanghai Film Festival: Winston Baker Returns with Film Finance Forum China
The forum “Going Global: The New Era of Production and Dealmaking,” will take place at the Crowne Plaza Shanghai on June 13.
Winston Baker, the leading producer of global entertainment finance conferences, is returning to China and hosting a special strategies forum at the Shanghai International Film Festival.
Some of China's top producers, filmmakers, dealmakers from top studios such as Wanda, Village Roadshow, Perfect World, Vantage Entertainment and more will be in attendance for “Going Global: The New Era of Production and Dealmaking,” the 4th annual Film Finance Forum China. The theme of this year's forum is the challenges and opportunities of taking Chinese-language films to new markets and will take place on June 13 at the Crowne Plaza Shanghai.
With China's domestic movie market expanding exponentially and set to overtake the U.S. and becomes the world's biggest in 2017, Winston Baker has gathered together the leading lights of the Chinese film industry to ask the question of whether domestic filmmakers need overseas markets, and if so how best to exploit them.
The program includes topics such as realities of entering the Chinese film market; art of packaging and working with international talents; industry and cultural nuances as they relate to co-production; cross-border corporate ventures; and exploring the new era of Chinese and Hollywood studios.
The key note speaker at the forum will be director, producer and president of China Film International Stanley Tong. A long time producing partner of Jackie Chan, Tong (Police Story, Chinese Zodiac, Kung Fu Yoga) will be in conversation with producer David Uslan, son of noted Hollywood producer Michael Uslan (the Batman movies).
Other notable people speaking at the forum include:
* Tom Ara, Shareholder, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
* Spencer Baumgarten, Agent, Motion Picture Literary, Creative Artists Agency
* Patrick Brzeski, Asia Bureau Chief, The Hollywood Reporter
* Jing Cao, Counsel, Entertainment, Sports & Media Group, O’Melveny & Myers, LLP
* Rong Chen, President, Perfect World Pictures
* Lindsay Conner, Partner and Co-Chair, Entertainment and Media Practice, Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP
* Serena Deng, President, Grand Canal Pictures
* Ellen Eliasoph, President and Chief Executive Officer, Village Roadshow Entertainment Group Asia
* William Feng, Head of Greater China, Vice President of Asia Pacific, Motion Picture Association
* Mark Gao, Chairman, Fundamental Films
* Jason Goldberg, Partner, Covington & Burling LLP
* Wei Han, Chief Executive Officer, Bliss Media Co. Ltd. (Shanghai)
* Robb Klein, Partner, Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP
* Max Michael, Head of Asian Business Development, UTA
* Bennett Pozil, Executive Vice President, Head of Corporate Banking, East West Bank
* Stephen Saltzman, Partner, Loeb & Loeb LLP
* Dongbing Shan, Founder & President, Donwa Pictures
* David Miles Uslan, Producer, Entertainment Executive, Writer, Publisher, Consultant
* Yibing Wang, Executive Director and Producer, Injo Films
* Michelle Yang, President, Vantage Entertainment
* Fang Zhao, General Manager, Wanda Media