Shania Twain Headed to Canadian Music Hall of Fame
Canadian-born music sensation to receive induction at upcoming Juno Awards in March.
TORONTO -- Shania Twain is headed to the Canadian Music Hall of Fame.
Not for her recent re-marriage or a new show on Oprah Winfrey’s OWN network, but a chart-topping music career, according to the Canadian Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences.
"Her authenticity as a songwriter and performer has made her a global powerhouse, and we're so proud to honor her at home in the Canadian Music Hall of Fame." CARAS president and CEO Melanie Berry said.
Twain, who has won 12 Junos during her career, will receive a tribute at the 2011 Junos, the country’s music awards, on March 27.
That will follow quickly on her new TV show, Why Not? With Shania Twain, bowing along with the OWN network in Canada on March 1.
Twain will also join Canadian music hall of famers like Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Neil Young and Oscar Petersen.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- ‘True Detective' Is HBO's Most Watched First-Year Series Ever, Passes 'Game Of Thrones'
- The Real Story Of Piper And Alex From 'Orange Is The New Black' Will Surprise You
- Conan Shows 'Rare Footage' Of Jesus Christ's Married Life
- Texas Spitfire Abbie Evans Fights Epidermolysis Bullosa In Cary Bell's Butterfly Girl
- Elizabeth Olsen Has to Shred Her 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Scripts!
- Kate Bosworth & Camilla Belle Step Out for Jimmy Choo's CHOO.08 Launch Party!
- Gone Girl's Rosamund Pike to 'W Magazine': I Have to Prove I'm as Dark as David Fincher Thinks I Am!
- Miley Cyrus Forced to Cancel St. Louis 'Bangerz' Tour Stop Due to Extended Hospital Stay