Shania Twain's CMT Awards Fall Edited Out of Repeats (Video)
The show's executive producer says he wants to save the country singer from further embarrassment.
CMT Awards producers are hoping to save Shania Twain further embarrassment following her fall during the ceremony Wednesday night.
The network is editing her stumble out of repeats of the show, the Associated Press reported.
Twain slipped in her high heels while on her way to the stage to present the male video of the year award, which went to Blake Shelton.
The fall was shown during the live telecast but was edited out of a subsequent repeat that night and another Thursday. (It's still available on the Internet; watch the clip below.)
John Hamlin, the show's executive producer, told the AP that he doesn't want to embarrass anyone, especially someone as gracious as Twain.
Twain said Thursday on her website that she wasn't badly injured, just embarrassed. (Watch a video of her reaction below.)
"I didn't hurt myself," she explained. "I have a bit of a sore stomach. That's about it."
Twain also joked that she wants to auction off the shoes she was wearing.
Earlier Wednesday, Twain announced that she had signed a deal for a two-year residency at the Colosseum at Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'
- Let's Help Rush Limbaugh With This Whole Movies With The Word 'Slave' In The Title Thing