Sharon Osbourne, 'Charm School' Contestant Settle Assault Lawsuit
Megan Hauserman's 2009 lawsuit against the former reality TV show host was settled on Monday, the day before both sides were to head into court.
Megan Hauserman, a former contestant on Rock of Love Charm School, has settled her battery and negligence lawsuit against the show's former host, Sharon Osbourne, on Monday, the day before the case was to go to court, reports the Associated Press.
Hauserman launched her suit against the wife-manager of Ozzy Osbourne in 2009 after claiming she was assaulted by the then-host of the reality TV show after Hauserman made an insulting joke about the iconic heavy metal musician. The fracas occurred during a taping of Rock of Love Charm School and was successively hyped by VH1 to score ratings.
In the episode, the women exchange insults about one another before Hauserman adds a jab at Osbourne's famous husband that prompts the host to pour a drink on the contestant's head and yank at her hair before crew members pull the ladies apart.
Osbourne's attorney, Howard Weitzman, and Hauserman's lawyer, Roderick Lindblom, both stated that they could not discuss details of Monday's settlement.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR