Shaw Media, ABC to Co-Produce Canadian Medical Procedural
Canadian broadcaster partnering with ABC on a second Canuck drama after success of Rookie Blue.
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media on Thursday said it will co-produce the homegrown medical procedural Combat Hospital with ABC.
Confirmation of the American deal for the Canadian-U.K. drama means production on the now untitled series from Sienna Films, Artists Studios and Lookout Point can go ahead.
There’s no word on casting. Shaw Media is set to announce Monday a veteran director attached to the Canadian medical drama.
Shaw Media's cable drama channel Showcase will air the 13-part series about a military medical facility in Afghanistan where doctors and nurses treat coalition troops and Afghan civilians next summer.
ABC and Global Television, Shaw Media’s conventional TV network, earlier collaborated on Rookie Blue, a Canadian cop drama from Entertainment One now in its second season.
Executive producers on the homegrown drama are Julie Sereny and Jennifer Kawaja for Sienna Films; Gub Neal, Justin Thompson-Glover and Patrick Irwin for Artists Studios.
Carrie Stein at 3 Arts Entertainment and Simon Vaughan at Lookout Point are heading up international sales.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR