Shaw Media Acquires Canadian 'Bomb Girls' Drama
Six-part drama about World War II women at work in a bomb factory to be unwrapped at Canadian broadcaster's Upfront presentation in Toronto.
TORONTO – Canadian indies Muse Entertainment and Back Alley Films are to produce Bomb Girls, a six-part drama about World War II women at work in a munitions factory.
Shaw Media has acquired the Canadian broadcast rights to the homegrown one hour from screenwriter Michael MacLennan (Queer As Folk, Being Erica).
Bomb Girls will be unwrapped at next week's Shaw Media Upfront presentation to Canadian advertisers in Toronto.
No word on casting for the Canuck drama to be shot in Toronto.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR