Shaw Media Names Amanda Ploughman New Marketing Boss
The exec arrives after Muriel Solomon, head of marketing at the broadcaster's cable channels, left on Sept. 5.
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media has hired former MediaCom exec Amanda Ploughman as its new marketing head.
Ploughman, most recently chief marketing officer at Pelmorex Media, the owner and operator of the Weather Network Canada cable channel, is joining Shaw Media on the heels of the Sept. 5 exit of Muriel Solomon, head of marketing at Shaw Media's cable channels.
Ploughman is also a former president and CEO of MediaCom Canada and managing director of Cossette.
"Amanda possesses a solid track record of leading businesses and teams through complex environments," said Jim Little, chief marketing officer at Shaw Media parent Shaw Communications, in a statement Wednesday.
Solomon's departure from Shaw Media was preceded last year by the exit of Jamie Schouela as vp marketing.
Schouela later landed at indie broadcaster Blue Ant Media as executive vp marketing and communications.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR