Shaw Media Names Amanda Ploughman New Marketing Boss
The exec arrives after Muriel Solomon, head of marketing at the broadcaster's cable channels, left on Sept. 5.
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media has hired former MediaCom exec Amanda Ploughman as its new marketing head.
Ploughman, most recently chief marketing officer at Pelmorex Media, the owner and operator of the Weather Network Canada cable channel, is joining Shaw Media on the heels of the Sept. 5 exit of Muriel Solomon, head of marketing at Shaw Media's cable channels.
Ploughman is also a former president and CEO of MediaCom Canada and managing director of Cossette.
"Amanda possesses a solid track record of leading businesses and teams through complex environments," said Jim Little, chief marketing officer at Shaw Media parent Shaw Communications, in a statement Wednesday.
Solomon's departure from Shaw Media was preceded last year by the exit of Jamie Schouela as vp marketing.
Schouela later landed at indie broadcaster Blue Ant Media as executive vp marketing and communications.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Film Festival Unveils Star-Studded Lineup for 67th Edition
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Four Scandal Actors Pick Their Characters’ Favorite Monologues
- James Franco Calls Times Theater Critic a ‘Little Bitch’ and Suggests He Work for Gawker
- See New Photos of Hannah and Adam Together on the Next Season of Girls
- Under the Skin, Only Lovers Left Alive, and a Brief History of the Art-Horror Film