Shaw Theaters Buys Third Imax Screen for Singapore
The latest deal will see the Asian exhibitor install a super-sized auditorium in a shopping complex, to open in January 2015.
TORONTO - Singapore exhibitor Shaw Theaters has purchased its third super-sized Imax theater.
The Asian exhibitor opened its second Imax theater in April 2012 at its JCube entertainment complex.
That followed the launch of its first giant screen theater, Shaw Theaters Lido Imax, in May 2011.
The latest agreement will see a third Imax theater open in January 2015 in a new complex in Punggol Watertown Point in Punggol, Singapore.
“Imax is a leading distribution platform for the biggest blockbuster films, and we are thrilled to have an Imax theatre as the key attraction of our new multiplex at the Punggol Waterway Point shopping complex," Mark Shaw, executive vp of Shaw Theaters, said Wednesday in a statement.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David