Shaw Theaters Buys Third Imax Screen for Singapore
The latest deal will see the Asian exhibitor install a super-sized auditorium in a shopping complex, to open in January 2015.
TORONTO - Singapore exhibitor Shaw Theaters has purchased its third super-sized Imax theater.
The Asian exhibitor opened its second Imax theater in April 2012 at its JCube entertainment complex.
That followed the launch of its first giant screen theater, Shaw Theaters Lido Imax, in May 2011.
The latest agreement will see a third Imax theater open in January 2015 in a new complex in Punggol Watertown Point in Punggol, Singapore.
“Imax is a leading distribution platform for the biggest blockbuster films, and we are thrilled to have an Imax theatre as the key attraction of our new multiplex at the Punggol Waterway Point shopping complex," Mark Shaw, executive vp of Shaw Theaters, said Wednesday in a statement.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR