Shawn Levy to Produce Thriller 'Echo' for 20th Century Fox (Exclusive)
Canadian writer-helmer Christopher MacBride, who penned the thriller pitch, will write and direct.
20th Century Fox has nabbed Christopher MacBride's thriller pitch Echo, which Shawn Levy will produce through his Fox-based 21 Laps banner.
Plot details are being kept under wraps.
The project, which attracted the attention of a number of studios, will be written by MacBride, the Canadian writer-helmer who hit the scene in late 2012 with his docu-style thriller The Conspiracy. The project is being developed as a directing vehicle for MacBride.
Fox's Steve Asbell and Aaron Janus are overseeing for the studio.
Levy recently re-upped his producing pact with Fox and has a number of projects in the pipeline, including a third installment in the Night at the Museum franchise and the Vince Vaughn-Owen Wilson starrer The Internship, which he helmed.
MacBride's The Conspiracy premiered at Fantastic Fest in Austin. XYZ Films is handling domestic sales.
MacBride is repped by ICM Partners, Stephen Crawford at Industry Entertainment Partners and attorney Adam Kaller at Hansen, Jacobson, Teller.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- A-Sides with Jon Chattman: Alexz Johnson Living "American Dream;" Pace & Revi and a Bicoastal "Hurricane"
- 'Game Of Thrones' Co-Star Reveals Lena Headey Had 'Mixed Feelings' About That Controversial Rape Scene
- Givin' 'Em Hell and Heaven: Conversations With Joe Satriani and Sebastian Bach
- Angel Haze Slams Homophobia In Hip-Hop, Discusses Sexuality
- Shantel VanSanten Leaves the 'Gang' Behind for Night of Music!
- Neil Patrick Harris Gets Support From Partner David Burtka at Opening Night of 'Hedwig and the Angry Inch'!
- 'Frozen' Soundtrack Nabs Its Biggest Sales Week, Stays at Number 1 for 11th Week
- Reese Witherspoon is All About Peeps in Her Easter Baskets!