Shel Silverstein's 'The Giving Tree' to Become Author's First E-Book (Exclusive)
HarperCollins is releasing the book digitally Feb. 18 to mark the 50th anniversary of a particularly prolific year for Silverstein.
This story first appeared in the Feb. 14 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Shel Silverstein never allowed paperback editions of his books, but to mark the 50th anniversary of a particularly prolific year (four of his titles hit stores in 1964), the late author's iconic story The Giving Tree will become the Silverstein catalog's first digital release, via HarperCollins on Feb. 18.
The e-book edition of Tree, which has sold more than 10 million print copies worldwide, acknowledges the reality of the young wired generation. Says Silverstein archivist and nephew Mitch Myers, "It was important to make this amazing book available to kids who primarily use e-readers and tablets and wouldn't see it otherwise."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Audrey Evans and Alonza Bevan of Tumblewild Discuss Their Evocative New Album, When the World Had Four Corners
- Joe McGinniss Dead: 'Fatal Vision' Author Dies At 71
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera