Sheridan Smith to Star in MJ Delaney’s Debut 'Powder Room'
Commercials director Delaney's debut movie, shooting in London, also stars Jaime Winstone, Ray Winstone's daughter, singer Kate Nash and Oona Chaplin.
LONDON -- Sheridan Smith, who recently turned out for Dustin Hoffman's Quartet alongside Maggie Smith and Billy Connolly, has signed up for a turn in MJ Delaney’s feature debut Powder Room.
The British indie movie also counts Jaime Winstone, Ray Winstone's daughter, singer Kate Nash and Oona Chaplin among the cast.
Damian Jones and James Cotton are producing the comedy about a young woman - played by Smith - whose life is turned upside down on a big night out.
The cast also includes Riann Steele, Sarah Hoare, Lashana Lynch and Antonia Bernath.
Rachel Hirons wrote the big screen version based on the successful Edinburgh Fringe theater show When Women Wee.
It is shooting at 3 Mills Studios, the facility in the East end of London that was home to the London 2012 Olympics rehearsals and planning, and on location around London.
Commercials director Delaney is best known for her YouTube sensation spoof Newport State of Mind and Channel 4’s Ben and Lump.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game