Sheridan Smith to Star in MJ Delaney’s Debut 'Powder Room'
Commercials director Delaney's debut movie, shooting in London, also stars Jaime Winstone, Ray Winstone's daughter, singer Kate Nash and Oona Chaplin.
LONDON -- Sheridan Smith, who recently turned out for Dustin Hoffman's Quartet alongside Maggie Smith and Billy Connolly, has signed up for a turn in MJ Delaney’s feature debut Powder Room.
The British indie movie also counts Jaime Winstone, Ray Winstone's daughter, singer Kate Nash and Oona Chaplin among the cast.
Damian Jones and James Cotton are producing the comedy about a young woman - played by Smith - whose life is turned upside down on a big night out.
The cast also includes Riann Steele, Sarah Hoare, Lashana Lynch and Antonia Bernath.
Rachel Hirons wrote the big screen version based on the successful Edinburgh Fringe theater show When Women Wee.
It is shooting at 3 Mills Studios, the facility in the East end of London that was home to the London 2012 Olympics rehearsals and planning, and on location around London.
Commercials director Delaney is best known for her YouTube sensation spoof Newport State of Mind and Channel 4’s Ben and Lump.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!