Sheryl Crow Reveals Benign Brain Tumor: 'I Don't Have to Worry About It'
The singer, who battled breast cancer in 2006, made the shocking discovery after undergoing an MRI.
When Sheryl Crow forgot the lyrics to her hit single “Soak Up the Sun” during a May performance in Florida, the singer blamed her age. Now, Crow reveals that there is more to the story.
“I was worried about my memory so much that I went and got an MRI. And I found out I have a brain tumor,” Crow said during an interview with the Las Vegas Review-Journal. “And I was like, ‘See? I knew there was something wrong.’”
The breast cancer survivor isn’t concerned, though, and is quick to clarify that “it’s benign, so I don’t have to worry about it. But it gives me a fit.”
Crow said that she discovered the tumor back in November, but had yet to address it publicly. Back in 2006, Crow underwent surgery to treat her breast cancer and followed up with radiation therapy.
In the interview, Crow also discussed her next musical endeavor -- an album expected to street by October -- but revealed one bump in the road: “I don’t even have a record deal.”
“I probably will sign a record deal, though. I like the opportunity to be on radio,” she said.
Crow’s last studio album, 100 Miles From Memphis, was released in 2010 via Crow’s longtime label, A&M Records. The album peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard 200 chart, spawning the single “Summer Day.”
The 50-year-old is the mother to two adopted sons, five-year-old Wyatt Steven and two-year-old Levi James.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama
- 'X-Men' Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Underage Boy
- Jennifer Lopez is a Sexy Slice of Orange on 'American Idol'!
- Mila Kunis & Olivia Wilde Take Us on an Emotional Roller Coaster in 'Third Person' Trailer - Watch Now!
- Justin Bieber Makes Time to Show His Gratitude To Fans in Beverly Hills!