Shia LaBeouf Handcuffed, Released After Bar Brawl
Actor Shia Lebeouf found himself in handcuffs briefly just outside a Sherman Oaks, California bar this weekend.
According to Sammy Cutler, who answered the phone at Mad Bull's Tavern, the Transformers star was involved in an altercation with another bar patron around 1 a.m. Saturday morning.
"There was an exchange of words [with another man] and Shia got punched in the face," said Cultler.
Fortuitously, Los Angeles Police officers "just happened to be driving by" and saw the crowd around the fracas.
Both the thespian and the unnamed sparring partner were briefly question and placed in handcuffs, a LAPD officer from the Van Nuys Community Police Station confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter Saturday afternoon.
No charges were filed and both men declined to press charges at time of the dust-up (both were subsequently released on site shortly after 1 a.m.).
Lebeouf is something of a regular at the Mad Bull, Cutler noted, before adding that several other famous faces were also drinking at the upscale, yet unlikely, new hotspot on Ventura Boulevard last night.
"Ashlee Simpson and others were here as well," he said.
This isn't the first time LaBeouf has had a run-in with a Los Angeles-area police officer. The actor was arrested in 2008 on suspicion of drunk driving in Hollywood.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!