Shia LaBeouf's 'Lawless' Trailer Hits (Video)
The John Hillcoat-directed, Prohibition-era drama also stars Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce, Gary Oldman and Jessica Chastain.
Shia LaBeouf trades Transformers for 1930s-set crime drama in John Hillcoat's Lawless, which has issued a new trailer ahead of its debut at the Cannes Film Festival next month.
LaBeouf portrays brother and fellow bootlegger to Tom Hardy in Depression-era Virginia, with Guy Pearce and a gun-toting Gary Oldman adding a touch of menace. Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska also star; the Weinstein Co. snapped up the U.S. rights to the film, which is based on the novel "The Wettest County in the World" by Matt Bondurant, adapted by screenwriter Nick Cave.
Lawless officially debuts Aug. 31, but will receive a red-carpet rollout at Cannes.
Watch the trailer below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR