Shia LaBeouf, Tom Hardy Get Violent in 'Lawless' Red Band Trailer (Video)
More blood and more story are featured in the newly release preview, courtesy of The Weinstein Company.
Just one week ahead of Lawless’ wide release, The Weinstein Company has released a brand new red band trailer for the bootlegger film.
The John Hillcoat-directed film made its world premiere at Cannes earlier this year to generally positive reviews from critics. In The Hollywood Reporter’s review of the film, critic David Rooney writes, “While a touch overlong and not as distinctive as his last collaboration with screenwriter Nick Cave, the Australian Western The Proposition, the new film is more commercially accessible, fueled by a brooding sense of dread, visceral bursts of violence, potent atmosphere and some juicy character portraits from a robust cast.”
In the film, Shia LaBeouf portrays brother and fellow bootlegger to Tom Hardy in Depression-era Virginia, with Guy Pearce and a gun-toting Gary Oldman adding a touch of menace. Jessica Chastain and Mia Wasikowska also star; the Weinstein Co. snapped up the U.S. rights to the film, which is based on the novel The Wettest County in the World by Matt Bondurant, adapted by screenwriter Cave.
Hardy, LaBeouf, Chastain and Wasikowska cover THR’s most recent issue as Hollywood’s newest A-listers. In the mag, THR recounts how the superstar cast came together – before they were famous – after Ryan Gosling and Amy Adams had previously dropped out.
Lawless officially debuts Aug. 29. Watch the new red band trailer below.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)
- The CW's 'Star Crossed' Is The Classic WB Show You've Been Waiting For
- Love 'Cosmos?' Then NASA's 'Images Of A Space-Time Odyssey' Will Make Your Jaw Drop (PHOTOS)