Shia LaBeouf: What's Next For The 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' Star
The actor has said the Michael Bay flick, opening Friday, will be his last action role.
Shia LaBeouf makes his return to the big screen in the latest installment of the Transformers franchise, Dark of the Moon, set to hit theaters Friday.
But, in the future, LaBeouf says he plans to take on an entirely different roles than his Sam Witwicky in Michael Bay's action franchise. He walked away from offers to appear in The Bourne Legacy and Rise of the Planet of the Apes, The Social Network and 127 Hours, telling Details magazine "I'm looking for Warren Beatty--type game changers."
So, next, the actor will star as Jack in The Wettest County in the World, a Depression-era crime-drama that follows a family of bootleggers, which was sold to the Weinstein Co. at Cannes. The film, currently in post-production, is slated for a 2012 release.
The actor even attributed his February 7 bar fight (which resulted in his getting handcuffed before being released by the police). "I was actually researching," he said. "As crazy as that sounds, to blame it on the acting thing, I was getting ready to make a movie about dudes who live on moonshine every single day."
In March it was also reported that the star was tapped to be in Mandalay Pictures' adaptation of Joe Hill's novel, Horns. The story details a man, Ig Perrish, who wakes from a black-out hangover with horns sprouting from his head and is being accused for the murder of his girlfriend.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR