Shine International, Discovery Latin America Reach TV Programming Deal
The sales and distribution arm of Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine Group sells over 290 hours of new and returning primetime shows to Discovery Latin America.
LONDON – Shine International, part of Elisabeth Murdoch's Shine Group, has inked a distribution deal with Discovery Latin America, totaling over 290 hours of new and returning primetime programming.
Discovery Latin America has picked up the finished tape for a wide range of titles from Shine International, including One Born Every Minute, MasterChef Australia and Biggest Loser, alongside third-party titles such as Bar Rescue, A Chance to Dance and Great Escape.
The deal was brokered by Shine International svp USA & Latin America Matt Vassallo and Discovery Latin America vp, programming and acquisitions, Angela Recio Sondon.
Vassallo said: "This is a very exciting deal for Shine International and our largest overall to date in Latin America. We’re delighted to be bringing so many different and engaging stories to Discovery Latin America."
Shine International is responsible for the distribution of over 3,700 hours of broadcast content annually on behalf of Shine Group and a slew of third-party producers, while handling global rights to both non-scripted and scripted formats.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR