Shonda Rhimes' 'Grey's Anatomy' Cast and Crew Gift: Free Cruises
The 200th episode of the series saw the showrunner, with co-producer Mark Gordon, hand out a Royal Caribbean getaway to almost 300 people.
This story first appeared in the Sept. 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Oprah Winfrey gifts cars. Shonda Rhimes goes in for cruises. To celebrate the 200th episode of Grey's Anatomy, she and co-producer Mark Gordon bestowed the almost 300 members of her cast and crew with Royal Caribbean trips to anywhere in the world.
"Chandra Wilson [who plays Dr. Bailey] has had a bee in her bonnet about a cruise for years," Rhimes tells THR about the offering's origins. "People always talk about the showrunners. But these are the people who make the show what it is. They've given me 10 years of incredibleness."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR