Shonda Rhimes' 'Grey's Anatomy' Cast and Crew Gift: Free Cruises
The 200th episode of the series saw the showrunner, with co-producer Mark Gordon, hand out a Royal Caribbean getaway to almost 300 people.
This story first appeared in the Sept. 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Oprah Winfrey gifts cars. Shonda Rhimes goes in for cruises. To celebrate the 200th episode of Grey's Anatomy, she and co-producer Mark Gordon bestowed the almost 300 members of her cast and crew with Royal Caribbean trips to anywhere in the world.
"Chandra Wilson [who plays Dr. Bailey] has had a bee in her bonnet about a cruise for years," Rhimes tells THR about the offering's origins. "People always talk about the showrunners. But these are the people who make the show what it is. They've given me 10 years of incredibleness."
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!