Shonda Rhimes' 'Gilded Lilys' Fills Out Cast With 'Mad Men,' 'Homeland' Actors
Matt Long, Maury Sterling and Brigid Brannagh have joined the 1895-set series from the creator of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice."
Matt Long, Maury Sterling and Brigid Brannagh have jumped aboard Shonda Rhimes' ABC period pilot Gilded Lilys.
The drama centers on the opening of the first luxury hotel in New York City in 1895 and the stories of love, treachery and disdain between the classes set against a backdrop of vicious family rivalries, scandalous secrets and conflict and co-mingling of the classes. The Lily family has reigned over New York's elite for decades but a recent family scandal has undermined their fortunes both financially and societally.
Long (Mad Men, Love Bites) nabbed the coveted lead role of John Kidd, a lower-class survivor with an adventurous spirit and a romantic soul. Homelands’ Sterling will take on the role of Jasper, while Army Wives’ Brannagh is set to play Elizabeth, the beautiful matriarch of the Lily family. The trio join previously cast Brian F. O'Byrne, Blythe Danner, Sarah Bolger and Madeline Zima.
Gossip Girl scribe K.J. Steinberg is penning the project, with Rhimes and her Shondaland partner Betsy Beers executive producing for ABC Studios.
Long is repped by UTA; Sterling and Brannagh are repped by Innovative Artists.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 'Third Person' Trailer Shows Mila Kunis, Olivia Wilde, Liam Neeson Feeling Everything
- AMC's Hit Reality Show 'Small Town Security' Is Back For Season 3
- Bride Gives Groom 'Ghostbusters' Cake, Proves That She's A Keeper
- Ted Neeley, Original 'Jesus Christ Superstar,' Hopes Pope Francis Will Come To The Musical