Shoreline Picks Up World Rights for 'Ishaqzaade'
Following its summer release in India where it grossed about $10 million, the Bollywood romance screened at Toronto.
NEW DELHI – Shoreline Entertainment has picked up world sales rights to Bollywood romance drama Ishaqzaade (Born To Hate, Destined To Love). Produced by veteran banner Yash Raj Films, Ishaqzaade was screened at Toronto following its India release in May. Written and directed by Habib Faisal, the film introduced new actor Arjun Kapoor and actress Parineeti Chopra who play star-crossed lovers from rival families in a small town.
“Of all the films produced in India this one really stands out and appeals to a worldwide audience. We are very excited to present it to the rest of the world,” said Shoreline Entertainment CEO Morris Ruskin.
“TIFF was the perfect platform for us to showcase this film which started off as a small film in India but notched up a box office of $10 million. We are thrilled about our signing with Shoreline to take the film to and beyond the diaspora,” added Yash Raj Films VP - International Operations - Avtar Panesar.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR