Short Documentaries With Oscar Dreams Face a September 4 Deadline
To be eligible, the films also must complete seven-day commercial runs in either Los Angeles or New York by the end of the year.
The deadline for documentary filmmakers to submit short subject documentaries and all required paperwork to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for consideration for the 85th Academy Awards is 5 p.m. on Sept. 4.
To be eligible, the documentaries must complete a seven-day commercial run in a theater in either Los Angeles County or the Borough of Manhattan in New York, between Jan. 1 and Dec. 31 of this year. Films completing their qualifying run after Sept. 4 must still completed and submit all paperwork, including legal contracts, by the deadline. Each completed entry form must be accompanied by supporting materials, including 30 DVD copies of the film.
The 85th Academy Awards will be held Feb. 24 at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center and televised live on ABC.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- Eva Tamargo Of 'Tyler Perry's The Haves And The Have Nots' Explains Why She Likes Being A TV Villain (VIDEO)
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!