'Short Term 12' Trailer: Take a Look at the Breakout Hit of SXSW (Video)
The black comedy was honored with the Austin festival's Grand Jury Award.
I Am Not a Hipster writer/director Destin Cretton's latest feature, Short Term 12, is based off of his 2008 Sundance short, and follows Grace (Brie Larson), a supervisor at a foster care facility for at-risk teens
In the drama-comedy, Grace, like the kids she mentors, is forced to confront her own painful past.
The Hollywood Reporter's John DeFore, in his SXSW film reveiw, called Laron's performance a "breakthrough."
John Gallagher Jr. (The Newsroom) plays Grace's understanding long-term boyfriend and coworker, and Kaitlyn Dever (Last Man Standing) plays an especially troubled youth at Grace's facility.
The film was awarded the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at this year's SXSW film festival.
Short Term 12 was acquired by Cinedigm and has a theatrical release date of Aug. 23.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Underage Boy
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park