'Short Term 12' Trailer: Take a Look at the Breakout Hit of SXSW (Video)
The black comedy was honored with the Austin festival's Grand Jury Award.
I Am Not a Hipster writer/director Destin Cretton's latest feature, Short Term 12, is based off of his 2008 Sundance short, and follows Grace (Brie Larson), a supervisor at a foster care facility for at-risk teens
In the drama-comedy, Grace, like the kids she mentors, is forced to confront her own painful past.
The Hollywood Reporter's John DeFore, in his SXSW film reveiw, called Laron's performance a "breakthrough."
John Gallagher Jr. (The Newsroom) plays Grace's understanding long-term boyfriend and coworker, and Kaitlyn Dever (Last Man Standing) plays an especially troubled youth at Grace's facility.
The film was awarded the Grand Jury Prize and the Audience Award at this year's SXSW film festival.
Short Term 12 was acquired by Cinedigm and has a theatrical release date of Aug. 23.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- 5 Reasons The 'Broad City' Women Are The Stoner Heroines You've Been Waiting For
- Justin Bieber And Selena Gomez's Sexy Dance Probably Means They're Dating Again
- U2 Album Delay Rumors Denied By Band's Rep
- Lena Dunham to 'Glamour': I Don't Know if I Want to Continue Acting
- Kit Harington's Muscles Bulge Out of His Shirt for 'Men's Health UK' April 2014
- Eva Longoria & Oprah Winfrey Support Maria Shriver at 'Paycheck to Paycheck' Screening!
- Rosario Dawson & America Ferrera Are Feeling Blue at 'Cesar Chavez' SXSW Premiere!