Shout! Factory Acquires Timeless Media Group
Titles gained include “The Virginian,” “Peter Gunn,” “Wagon Train” and Westerns starring Roy Rogers.
Shout! Factory on Thursday added to its storehouse of classic video product with the acquisition of Timeless Media Group, which has the rights to such TV series as The Virginian and Peter Gunn and the Roy Rogers: King of the Cowboys movie collection.
Terms were not disclosed. Shout! will take over the distribution of more than 600 Timeless Media titles. Eugene, Ore.-based TMG will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary of Shout!, with key execs remaining in the Northwest.
Other popular home entertainment product from TMG includes the series The Gene Autry Show, Wagon Train, Laramie and Red Skelton; the miniseries Aspen and Once an Eagle; and more than 50 documentaries.
“Norman Andersen [TMG president] built a fantastic company for 36 years. We want to continue their strong tradition and gain from their expertise and experience,” Shout! founding partners Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos said in a statement. “Combining both great catalogs and staff will make a bigger, better and more profitable Shout! Factory and Timeless Media Group.”
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws