Shout! Factory Lands 'Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart'
The CG-animated family adventure from EuropaCorp screened at the recent Berlin International Film Festival.
Shout! Factory has reached a deal with Luc Besson's EuropaCorp to distribute Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart, a CG-animated family adventure, in the U.S. and Canada.
Shout! plans a 2014 rollout of the film in select theaters as well as through video-on-demand, electronic sell-through, broadcast and in packaged media.
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart screened at the recent Berlin International Film Festival in the Generation Kplus section and is now playing in French theaters.
Shout! earlier distributed EuropaCorp title A Monster in Paris (2011), a 3D animated musical adventure film written and directed by Bibo Bergeron.
"This beautifully made, highly entertaining feature is a perfect addition to our growing library of exciting new films," Shout! founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos said in a statement.
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart was co-directed by Mathias Malzieu of the French rock band Dionysos and Stephane Berla and adapted by Malzieu from his novel. The voice talent of French- and English-speaking actors includes Samantha Barks (Les Miserables).
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Amanda Seyfried and Cara Delevingne are Joining Pan
- Theater Review: Michelle Williams and Alan Cumming Come (Back) to the Cabaret
- Christopher Meloni on Surviving Jack, Surviving Dinosaurs, and Why His Oz Character Was Revolutionary
- Hedwig and the Angry Inch Director on Those Fake Hurt Locker Playbills