Shout! Factory Lands 'Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart'
The CG-animated family adventure from EuropaCorp screened at the recent Berlin International Film Festival.
Shout! Factory has reached a deal with Luc Besson's EuropaCorp to distribute Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart, a CG-animated family adventure, in the U.S. and Canada.
Shout! plans a 2014 rollout of the film in select theaters as well as through video-on-demand, electronic sell-through, broadcast and in packaged media.
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart screened at the recent Berlin International Film Festival in the Generation Kplus section and is now playing in French theaters.
Shout! earlier distributed EuropaCorp title A Monster in Paris (2011), a 3D animated musical adventure film written and directed by Bibo Bergeron.
"This beautifully made, highly entertaining feature is a perfect addition to our growing library of exciting new films," Shout! founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos said in a statement.
Jack and the Cuckoo-Clock Heart was co-directed by Mathias Malzieu of the French rock band Dionysos and Stephane Berla and adapted by Malzieu from his novel. The voice talent of French- and English-speaking actors includes Samantha Barks (Les Miserables).
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10