Shout! Factory, Saban Sign Home Entertainment Distribution Deal
The original "Power Rangers" series is among the titles included in the multi-year pact.
Shout! Factory has made a multi-year deal for domestic home entertainment distribution of Saban Brands’ live-action pop culture series, including the original Power Rangers.
The pact gives exclusive DVD and Blu-Ray rights to Shout! Factory to Saban properties in the United States and Canada.
The multi-property deal includes 700 episodes of Power Rangers ranging from 1993 through 2009. It also covers 92 episode of VR Troopers, 26 episodes of Ninja Turtles: The Next Mutation, and 88 episodes of Beetleborgs for home entertainment releases and digital distribution in North America.
“Our partnership with Shout! Factory is important and exciting news for our fans.” said Elie Dekel, President of Saban Brands. “Fans can enjoy past episodes they haven’t seen, relive some of the exciting entertainment in these episodes, or even share them with a new generation of fans.”
Shout! Factory plans to begin the rollout of Saban Brands television properties in summer 2012, including from individual programs as well as complete series.
- The Epic Disney Blow-Up of 1994
- Mickey Rooney's Final Days Marred by Bizarre Family Feud
- Why Stephen Colbert Is the Perfect David Letterman Replacement
- 'The Normal Heart's' 30-Year Journey From Barbra Streisand to Ryan Murphy
- T.D. Jakes on Bringing God to Hollywood and Brushing Off Criticism From Cynics
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR