Shout! Factory Taps Phase 4 Films for Canadian Distribution
The media distributor inks an output deal for movies and select digital content.
TORONTO – Shout! Factory, the Santa Monica-based multiplatform media distributor, has inked a deal with Phase 4 Films to get its DVDs and digital content into Canada.
Shout! will have Phase 4 Films handle all non-music distribution duties north of the border.
Phase 4 Films will handle new releases, Blu-ray and DVD titles, and select digital entertainment content.
Shout! recently signed a separate deal with ITV Studios Global Entertainment to bring library titles, like the Meryl Streep-starrer Sophie's Choice and The Eagle Has Landed, starring Michael Caine, Donald Sutherland and Robert Duvall, to the North American home entertainment market.
Other titles in the deal include On Golden Pond with Katharine Hepburn and Henry Fonda; The Last Unicorn, starring Jeff Bridges, Alan Arkin and Mia Farrow; and the Richard Burton-Sophia Loren classic, Brief Encounter.
The latest agreement was unveiled by Shout! Factory founders Richard Foos, Bob Emmer and Garson Foos and Phase 4 Films' Berry Meyerowitz.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR