ShowEast to Award Chairman of Moving iMage Technologies
Phil Rafnson will be honored with a special award for his achievements in the film market.
ShowEast will present Phil Rafnson, Moving iMage Technologies chairman, with the special award of achievement at the annual convention and trade show.
Rafnson has been involved in the cinema equipment business for more than 40 years, having sold Media Technology Source, the world's largest cinema equipment distribution company, in 1999, to funding and becoming the current chairman of Moving iMage Techonologies (MiT), a manufacturer and distributor of entertainment technology.
“I can’t think of a more deserving individual in our industry to receive this award than Phil,” ShowEast co-managing director Robert Sunshine said in a statement. “In the world of cinema equipment, Phil’s work in the industry is non-paralleled.”
The award will be presented on Oct. 24 at ShowEast's final night awards ceremony at the Westin Diplomat Resort and Spa in Hollywood, Fla.
ShowEast 2013 will be held from Oct. 21-24 with approximately 1,300 members of the motion picture industry expected to attend the annual trade show. The event is produced by Guggenheim Digital Media, owner of leading entertainment publications and events, including Billboard and the Billboard Latin Music Awards, The Hollywood Reporter and Adweek.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10