ShoWest to honor Georgia Theatre chief
William Stembler named ShoWester of the Year
Georgia Theatre Co. chairman and CEO William Stembler will be honored as ShoWester of the Year at ShoWest 2010.
Stembler will be feted March 18 at an awards gala closing the annual trade show. ShoWest begins March 15 at the Bally's and Paris hotels in Las Vegas.
"Since 1973, Bill Stembler's dedication to the motion picture industry and passion for the silver screen has been unparalleled," ShoWest managing director Robert Sunshine said.
Stembler joined the original Georgia Theatres in 1973 as house counsel and vp, handling legal affairs and business development. He was promoted to president in 1983, and after the circuit's sale to United Artists in 1986, Stembler was a vp at UA until 1988.
He then left to form several ventures and in 1991 created the current Georgia Theatre Co. The company operates 272 screens in 27 locations in Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and Virginia.
Over the years, Stembler has served in several positions on boards of the National Association of Theatre Owners.
Past recipients of the ShoWester award include last year's co-honorees Tony and Dean Kerasotes.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR