ShoWest to honor 'The Hangover' helmer
Todd Phillips to be feted as director of the year at March gala
Todd Phillips, director of Warner Bros.' fall comedy "Due Date," will be honored as director of the year at ShoWest 2010.
Phillips will be feted March 18 during an awards gala set to close the annual exhibition confab. ShoWest opens March 15 at the Bally's and Paris hotels in Las Vegas.
ShoWest managing director Robert Sunshine called Phillips "a phenomenal talent whose skills were most recently exemplified in the critically acclaimed and audience favorite comedy 'The Hangover' this past year."
"Due Date" is due to hit theaters Nov. 5.
Phillips began his filmmaking career as a student director of the 1994 documentary "Hated," and in 1998 his doc "Frat House" won the Sundance Film Festival's Grand Jury prize. His first film comedy was 2000's "Road Trip."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR