Showtime Acquires Kings of Leon Documentary
The premium cable channel will premiere "Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon" in late August.
Showtime has acquired the Kings of Leon documentary, Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon.
The film, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival, begins at the Followill family reunion in Talihina, Oklahoma, where the band members -- brothers Nathan, Caleb and Jared as well as cousin Matthew Followill -- reconnect and unwind with their family.
From there, a long-time Followill friend and first-time director Stephen C. Mitchell strings together a series of home videos, unedited interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of the band's rise from Pentecostal-reared musicians to Grammy-winning rockstars. As the revealing film unveils, the boys' career trajectory has been both thrilling and surprising given that they were brought up by mothers who viewed rock 'n' roll as the work of the devil.
The premium cable network will premiere the distinctly insider story, which counts the band-mates as executive producers, on Sunday, Aug. 21 at 10 p.m.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- Glenn Beck Moves Into Movie Production (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Week’s Best Game of Thrones Reader Comments: ‘The Lion and the Rose’
- Douglas Coupland on Being a Visual Artist, the ‘Torture’ of Interviews, and Unintended Side Effects
- Alan Thicke on His New Reality Sitcom and Being ‘Considerably More Boring Than Jason Seaver’
- 6 Forgotten Teen Films of the Late ’90s and Early ’00s