Showtime Acquires Kings of Leon Documentary
The premium cable channel will premiere "Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon" in late August.
Showtime has acquired the Kings of Leon documentary, Talihina Sky: The Story of Kings of Leon.
The film, which premiered at the Tribeca Film Festival, begins at the Followill family reunion in Talihina, Oklahoma, where the band members -- brothers Nathan, Caleb and Jared as well as cousin Matthew Followill -- reconnect and unwind with their family.
From there, a long-time Followill friend and first-time director Stephen C. Mitchell strings together a series of home videos, unedited interviews and behind-the-scenes footage of the band's rise from Pentecostal-reared musicians to Grammy-winning rockstars. As the revealing film unveils, the boys' career trajectory has been both thrilling and surprising given that they were brought up by mothers who viewed rock 'n' roll as the work of the devil.
The premium cable network will premiere the distinctly insider story, which counts the band-mates as executive producers, on Sunday, Aug. 21 at 10 p.m.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws