Showtime Acquires U2 Documentary 'From the Sky Down'
The Davis Guggenheim film will air on Saturday, Oct. 29 at 8 p.m.
Showtime has acquired the U2 documentary, From the Sky Down.
The film, by An Inconvenient Truth's Davis Guggenheim, will air Saturday, Oct. 29 at 8 p.m. after it premieres on opening night at the Toronto International FIlm Festival on Thursday.
The documentary marks the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby, U2's 1991 album, and chronicles the turning point in the band's career and the relationship as bandmates. New interviews and unseen footage from Berlin and Dublin highlight the highs and lows of producing the band's seventh album.
From the Sky Down is produced by Ted Skillman, Belisa Balaban and Guggenheim, with Paul McGuinness as executive producer.
CAA brokered the deal on behalf of Universal Music and also reps Guggenheim.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kaley Cuoco Cuts Her Hair Short, Debuts Blonder Bob Hairdo!
- Emma Stone & Andrew Garfield Bring 'Spider-Man' to 'GMA,' Get Us Really Pumped for the Movie!
- Beyonce Explores Concept of Beauty in 'Pretty Hurts' Video Premiere - Watch Now!
- Third 'Hobbit' Film 'There and Back Again' Renamed to 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'