Showtime Acquires U2 Documentary 'From the Sky Down'
The Davis Guggenheim film will air on Saturday, Oct. 29 at 8 p.m.
Showtime has acquired the U2 documentary, From the Sky Down.
The film, by An Inconvenient Truth's Davis Guggenheim, will air Saturday, Oct. 29 at 8 p.m. after it premieres on opening night at the Toronto International FIlm Festival on Thursday.
The documentary marks the 20th anniversary of Achtung Baby, U2's 1991 album, and chronicles the turning point in the band's career and the relationship as bandmates. New interviews and unseen footage from Berlin and Dublin highlight the highs and lows of producing the band's seventh album.
From the Sky Down is produced by Ted Skillman, Belisa Balaban and Guggenheim, with Paul McGuinness as executive producer.
CAA brokered the deal on behalf of Universal Music and also reps Guggenheim.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR