Showtime Circling HBO Canada's 'The Yard'
The Canadian mockumentary from creator/writers Michael Mabbot and David Eddie and Whizbang Films is being shopped to the U.S. pay TV channel by Entertainment One.
TORONTO - HBO Canada’s The Yard, a six-part mini-series billed as The Sopranos in an elementary schoolyard, looks headed to Showtime.
The mockumentary with a tur-war storyline from Canadian creators and screenwriters Michael Mabbot and David Eddie is being shopped by Entertainment One, which is near to inking an acquisition deal with the U.S. pay TV channel.
The half-hour miniseries about a Toronto schoolyard run by rival gangs stars Quintin Colantoni, the son of Flashpoint star Enrico Colantoni, Keana Bastidas, Sarah Cranmer, Daniel Lupetina, Alex Cardillo and Shemar Charles.
Produced by Whizbang Films, The Yard aired on HBO Canada, a multiplex channel run by Canadian pay TV channels The Movie Network and Movie Central that features a range of Showtime and HBO dramas and comedies on top of local movies and TV shows.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR