Showtime PR Vet Richard Licata Reunites with NBC's Greenblatt
Licata will oversee publicity for NBC and its studio, marking his third stint with Greenblatt.
After months of rumors, Showtime's PR vet Richard Licata announced Tuesday that he'd be joining former boss Bob Greenblatt at NBC.
Licata has been granted a newly created title as EVP of communications for NBC Entertainment. In his new role he'll oversee program publicity, talent relations, photography, events and, arguably his speciality, awards campaigns for both the network and studio. He'll work closely with veteran Rebecca Marks.
The news comes just a week and a half after Greenblatt, NBC's new entertainment chairman, added long-time friend Jennifer Salke to his creative team as president of entertainment. Sources suggest there will be more additions made as Greenblatt continues to settle in.
This will mark Licata's third stint with Greenblatt, having served as svp of publicity at Fox and then as PR chief at Showtime. Licata, who began his career reporting on the industry for the New York Daily News, got his start in publicity at HBO.
“I don’t believe we could have orchestrated the dramatic turnaround at Showtime without him, and I know he has the skills, the showmanship, and the passion to oversee the kind of strong and multi-faceted press and public relations campaigns needed at NBC and UMS at this moment in time,” said Greenblatt.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Experience The Controlled Chaos Behind Cuba Gooding Jr.'s 1997 Oscars Acceptance Speech
- John Gallagher Jr. On The Upcoming Final Season Of 'The Newsroom'
- Comcast To Charge Insane Amount For A Single Season Of 'House Of Cards'