Showtime to Premiere Roman Polanski Documentary
"Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out" will air on the pay cabler next year.
Showtime will premiere the documentary Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out in 2013.
Odd Man Out, a followup to Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, recounts Polanski's arrest in 2009 at the Zurich Film Festival, which turned into a 10-month imprisonment.
“Showtime’s enthusiasm for the film and track record with controversial biographical material make them the perfect partner for Odd Man Out," said director Marina Zenovich, who also narrates the film. “I can’t imagine a more compelling home for the film and am delighted to share the movie with SHOWTIME audiences.”
Odd Man Out premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival before screening at the New York and Zurich film festivals. It was written by P.G. Morgan, Chris A. Peterson and Zenovich. Lila Yacoub and Zenovich are producers; executive producers include Steven Soderbergh, Randy Wooten, Michael Roban and Stephan Paternot.
Zenovich is currently directing a Showtime original doc on Richard Pryor, slated for a launch next year.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'
- Cameron Diaz, Leslie Mann, & Kate Upton Attend Final 'Other Woman' Screening!
- Kristin Chenoweth & Jane Krakowski: Broadway Babies at 'Cabaret' Opening Night!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Make Last Stop on Australia Trip
- Khloe Kardashian Endorses the Messy Bun Hairstyle, Wears Her Hair Down Instead