Showtime to Premiere Roman Polanski Documentary
"Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out" will air on the pay cabler next year.
Showtime will premiere the documentary Roman Polanski: Odd Man Out in 2013.
Odd Man Out, a followup to Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired, recounts Polanski's arrest in 2009 at the Zurich Film Festival, which turned into a 10-month imprisonment.
“Showtime’s enthusiasm for the film and track record with controversial biographical material make them the perfect partner for Odd Man Out," said director Marina Zenovich, who also narrates the film. “I can’t imagine a more compelling home for the film and am delighted to share the movie with SHOWTIME audiences.”
Odd Man Out premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival before screening at the New York and Zurich film festivals. It was written by P.G. Morgan, Chris A. Peterson and Zenovich. Lila Yacoub and Zenovich are producers; executive producers include Steven Soderbergh, Randy Wooten, Michael Roban and Stephan Paternot.
Zenovich is currently directing a Showtime original doc on Richard Pryor, slated for a launch next year.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws