Showtime renews 'Tara,' 'Nurse Jackie'
Both series returned with solid ratings Monday
Showtime has renewed its Monday night block of "Nurse Jackie" and "United States of Tara" for third seasons.
The pickups come after both shows returned strong for their second-season debuts in the ratings this week, with "Jackie" having its most-watched episode ever.
"Edie Falco's portrayal of the fierce 'Jackie' is another extraordinary example of her range and brilliance, and recent Emmy and Golden Globe wins for Toni Collette in her tour de force role as a woman with multiple personalities put her in a class by herself," said Robert Greenblatt, president of entertainment at Showtime. "Strong women will continue to rule on this network for a long time to come."
The duo has helped expand Showtime's original programming beyond the usual premium cable domain of Sunday nights, and both shows have received strong praise from critics.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR