Showtime Taps Imagine TV's Robin Gurney as Senior VP Original Programming
She'll oversee development and have creative oversight over the premium cable network's original series.
Showtime has tapped Imagine TV's Robin Gurney as senior vp original programming.
Gurney replaces Pearlena Igbokwe, who is departing the position following the end of her contract this month.
In Gurney's new role, she'll oversee development and have creative oversight of Showtime's original series.
“Her passion, her talent, her instincts and her experience make her a magnet for great writing and a perfect addition to the outstanding creative executives that I am so grateful to work with here at Showtime,” Showtime exec vp original programming Gary Levine said in announcing the hire Monday.
Before joining Showtime, Gurney was senior executive vp development and production at Imagine Television, where during her seven-year run, she worked on series including Friday Night Lights, Shark, Lie to Me and ABC's upcoming comedy How to Live With Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life).
The move marks a reunion for Gurney with Showtime Entertainment president David Nevins, with whom she worked at Imagine during his five-year tenure there as president. Gurney will report to Levine.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR