Showtime Taps Stephen Espinoza as Head of Sports
The former Ziffren Brittenham partner will manage day-to-day activities of the premium cabler's sports and event group.
Showtime Sports has added a new player to its team.
Former Ziffren Brittenham partner Stephen Espinoza has been tapped executive vp and GM of Showtime Sports, the premium cable network announced Monday.
As head of Showtime Sports, Espinoza will be responsible for managing day-to-day activities of the sports an even group, including executing its overall strategy and its PPV unit, as well as the acquisition and licensing of event programming.
"Stephen has had a great career that spans sports, entertainment, television and film," Showtime chairman and CEO Matthew Blank said in a statement announcing the hire. "His deep experience in a variety of fields and incredible knowledge and contacts within the boxing and mixed martial arts communities will be an asset to Showtime as we continue to expand our offerings. I am confident that he will be a great leader to our already all-star sports group."
Showtime's current sports roster includes boxing, NASCAR, mixed martial arts and its Emmy-winning Inside the NFL series.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR