Sidorov set for 'Tourist' season
CANNES -- Russian director Alexei Sidorov ("Shadow Boxing") has signed to helm the tentatively titled "The Tourist," a $5 million action thriller about amateur snipers who travel to war zones to act out their computer game fantasies for real.
The movie, from a script by former elite forces soldier and commercials director Tom Petch and based on his experiences in Serbia, is due to start shooting in Hungary in the fall.
Initially developed by U.K. indie Spargo Prods., "Tourist" is being produced by U.K. producer David Kennaway ("The Rocket Post") in conjunction with Marius Balchanus of Russia's 2 Loop Films and Gia Muresan of Cinemarket Prods. As yet no cast has been signed. Exec producers are Larry Weinberg and Don Schneider of E3 Entertainment and Joni Cuquet of JQ Media.
"Tourist" is the first of a number of projects being developed by Kennaway, including thriller "Dead Dogs Don't Bite" from David Harriss, which is being co-produced with Allan Scott of Rafford Films.
Also slated are "All My Loving," a script about an Indian Beatles tribute band traveling to Liverpool's Matthew Street Festival from a concept by Richard Standeven, who is being lined up to direct. It is being co-produced with David Mousley at Red Vision.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR