'The X Factor's' Simon Cowell Joins Twitter
The judge sent out his first tweet Wednesday afternoon before the start of his show: "I know it's taken a while. It's really me!"
Simon Cowell is now part of Twitter nation.
The X Factor judge and creator joined the social-networking site Wednesday, under the handle @simoncowell. He sent out his first and so far only tweet Wednesday afternoon, which included a shoutout to his Fox singing competition airing that night.
"It's official," he said. "I know it's taken a while. It's really me! We're live in 10 minutes. I'll keep you posted. Lots of love #iamsimon."
However, it appears that Cowell has been planning his Twitter debut for some time, since his account was already verified.
At press time, Cowell already had 21,090 followers -- and that number was quickly growing.
His fellow judges -- Antonio "L.A." Reid, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul -- and X Factor host Steve Jones already have Twitter accounts.
So far, Cowell is following only eight others on Twitter. In addition to Reid, Scherzinger, Abdul and Jones, Cowell follows the X Factor account as well as his mentees on the show: Rachel Crow, Melanie Amaro and Drew Ryniewicz.
X Factor's live performance episodes air at 8 p.m. Wednesdays, with the results show at 8 p.m. Thursdays.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR