Simon Cowell: Justin Bieber Wants to Judge 'X Factor'
Teen pop sensation is among many 'big stars' hoping to partake in U.S. edition of hit U.K. show, says British music mogul.
Teen pop star Justin Bieber may be busy selling out arenas on his My World 2.0 tour and hyping his autobiography, First Step 2 Forever: My Story, but according to former American Idol judge Simon Cowell, the 16-year-old has additional career ambitions.
Cowell, who is gearing up to bring his hit U.K. show The X Factor to America, said during an interview with Extra on Thursday that he's already had some big stars ask to become a part of the U.S. edition of the talent competition series, including Bieber.
"[Justin Bieber] put himself forward to judge some of the episodes." -- Simon Cowell
"He put himself forward to judge some of the episodes," Cowell revealed.
Although the British music mogul remained mum on details regarding X Factor's U.S. debut next September, Cowell told Extra that, in addition to Bieber, "one of the most famous singers in the world" contacted him last weekend "out of the blue" inquiring about the show. The secret superstar will make an appearance as a judge on the program, Simon said.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR