Simon Cowell Opens Up About Baby News, 'X Factor' U.K. Ratings
"I will be a good dad" but won't change diapers, the show creator tells a BBC morning show.
LONDON – Simon Cowell has told the BBC that he expects to be a good father but will stay away from changing diapers.
The 53-year-old X Factor creator is expecting a baby with New York socialite Lauren Silverman.
"I am good with kids, because I like kids," Cowell said in an interview with BBC One's Breakfast morning show that aired here on Tuesday. "I really do like them, and I listen to them."
Asked how he reacted to the baby news, he said: "Once I got used to it, I did get excited.... I think I will be a good dad, so I'm excited now."
But asked if he is prepared to change dirty diapers, the star said, "I'm not doing that. I wouldn't do that -- 100 percent absolutely not going near that."
Cowell was also asked about the X Factor's U.K. run on ITV and its showdown with the BBC's Strictly Come Dancing, which last year often beat it out in the ratings. "It is like a bit of a battle...but I like that," he said. "It does make us work harder. It is annoying when they beat us, but other years we beat them."
Asked about his prediction for which show will come out on top this year, Cowell said: "We'll beat them."
The X Factor returned for its 10th U.K. season this past weekend with higher opening ratings than last year. This marks the third year that Cowell isn't appearing on the U.K. version of the show as a judge.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack