Simon Cowell recruiting 'X Factor' judges
Talking to Paula Abdul, U.K. co-star Cheryl Cole
Simon Cowell is talking to familiar faces to sit beside him at the judges table on Fox's "The X Factor."
Cowell is in discussions with his former "American Idol" co-star Paula Abdul and his current "X Factor" U.K. co-star Cheryl Cole for judging positions on the show, which launches on Fox in fall 2011.
Hiring Abdul and Cole would assure a certain degree of comfortable chemistry between Cowell and other judges on the new series.
Abdul in particular would allow Cowell to reform the heart of the longtime "Idol" judging team, which was split when Abdul quit the show in August amid contract dispute.
This is Cowell's final season on "Idol."
The judges on "X Factor" are if anything more crucial to the success of the show than on "Idol" because each mentors a group of singers and effectively becomes part of the competition rather than simply grading from the sidelines.
Cowell has said he "adores" Abdul and shares a similarly close onscreen camaraderie with Cole on the U.K. version of the show. Cole, 26, also would add a more youthful presence to the judges table.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR