Woman Pleads Guilty to Smashing Window of Simon Cowell's Home
Leanne Zaloumis, 30, was ordered to stay 300 yards away from the “X Factor” judge’s West London property and to remain inside her home address during the overnight hours.
A 30-year-old woman has pleaded guilty to breaking one of the windows on Simon Cowell’s West London home after being arrested on March 24 at the scene of the crime.
During a Friday hearing at the Isleworth Crown Court, a judge banned Leanne Zaloumis from attempting to contact the X Factor judge and from going within 300 yards of his residence, located in the upscale Holland Park area, the Press Association reports.
Prosecutors said that Cowell was watching TV in his bedroom when he heard a “loud bang” coming from the bathroom. Zaloumis was found clutching a broken brick inside one of his walk-in wardrobes and was subsequently taken into custody.
She was also accused of shouting at Cowell and throwing items at his bathroom window from outside the home.
Judge John Denniss did not sentence Zaloumis, saying that her 102 days in custody were punishment enough, but said that she would be returned to jail if she breached her bail conditions. In addition to keeping her distance from Cowell and his home, Zaloumis is also required to stay inside her home between the hours of 7 p.m. and 7 a.m. and wear an electronic tag.
Zaloumis pleaded not guilty to two counts of affray and burglary on Friday, as well.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Bryan Singer, 'X-Men' Director, Calls Suit A 'Sick, Twisted Shakedown'
- The Club 47 Folk Revival Explores the Iconic History of Old Cambridge Folk Club
- Jack Kilmer Talks 'Palo Alto,' His Acting Career And Growing Up With Famous Parents
- Lupita Nyong'o and America's Complicated Relationship With Beauty