Simon Cowell's Syco to Co-Produce U.K. Cooking Show
The production firm will team with Gordon Ramsay's "Kitchen Nightmares" creator Optomen for ITV series "Food, Glorious Food!"
LONDON -- X Factor creator Simon Cowell's production firm and the company behind Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares will co-produce a cooking show for U.K. broadcaster ITV.
The joint production of Cowell's Syco and Optomen will be called Food, Glorious Food! and air on ITV1. Described on its web site as "the biggest ever search for Britain's best-loved recipe," it will "scour the country in search of one very special dish" made by an amateur cook.
The winner will get a chance to get their recipe on the shelves of retail giant Marks & Spencer and win £20,000 ($31,000).
Production is expected to start next month once a host is found, with the show expected to kick off next February, according to the Guardian.
The show will shine the spotlight on home-cooked meals, which Cowell is known to enjoy.
The show's web site describes the series this way: "Every recipe tells a story. And every family has a special recipe that tugs at your heart strings, makes you smile, brings back memories and sums up all that's great about food. Now it's time to share that dish with the nation!"
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR