Simon Cowell's X Factor Announces Prize: $5 Million Sony Music Record Deal
Auditions to start March 27 in L.A., contestants can be as young as 12, new judges to be announced 'in the coming weeks.'
Fox confirmed details of Simon Cowell's X Factor Monday morning.
The big prize will be a $5 million Sony Music record deal.
Contestants as young as 12 can compete.
“I like the idea that a 12-year-old on this show can compete with an older singer and a singing group,” said Cowell in a statement. “I’ve never believed there should be a cut-off age for talent, and we are going to put our money where our mouths are with the $5 million recording contract. I’m doing this show in America because I genuinely believe we can find a superstar.”
New judges will be announced "in the coming weeks," and auditions will begin March 27 in L.A.
Read the full press release after the jump.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Breaks Silence on Abuse Claims: 'Outrageous, Vicious and Completely False'
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Echoes Of The Outlaw Roadshow: Talking with Counting Crows' Adam Duritz and Toad The Wet Spocket's Glen Phillips
- Smells like Nostalgia: A Look at the Nirvana Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction
- Netflix Joining Programming Lineup Of 3 U.S. Cable-TV Services
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Recap: No Good News in 'Change of Heart'