'The Simpsons' Premieres New Theatrical Short 'The Longest Daycare' (Video)
As the series' 24th season quickly approaches, Fox announces a new 3D short to be played in front of "Ice Age: Continental Drift."
Since 2009, The Simpsons has been the longest-running primetime series in television history – but the show’s creators are now interested in setting a new benchmark.
Directed by David Silverman, a new short entitled “The Longest Daycare” is set to premiere in front of Ice Age: Continental Drift when the sequel opens nationwide on July 13.
Simpsons creator Matt Groening recently told Entertainment Weekly that the short was designed as a thank you to fans: "[The staff] just wanted to do this as a way of saying, 'We appreciate how much people have stayed with the show and watched it for 25 years'."
Fox released a teaser trailer Tuesday for the short film, which was produced in 3D.
Watch the clip below. Look for “The Longest Daycare” only in theaters starting on July 13.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game