U.K. Adventure Drama 'Sinbad' Pre-Sold to Canada's Bell Media
France's Canal + also pre-bought the Impossible Pictures series from BBC Worldwide; it stars Elliot Knight, Naveen Andrews, Sophie Okonedo and Timothy Spall.
TORONTO -- Canadian broadcaster Bell Media has acquired the local rights to the U.K. adventure series Sinbad from Impossible Pictures, as part of a pre-buy from international distributor BBC Worldwide.
Bell Media will air the first 13 one hours of the U.K. series on its Space cable channel. BBC Worldwide also pre-sold Sinbad, a contemporary take on the eighth century iconic hero, to Canal + ahead of its annual TV export market in Liverpool this week. Sinbad stars Elliot Knight, Naveen Andrews, Sophie Okonedo and Timothy Spall.
Space earlier built a Canadian following for another Impossible Pictures series, Primeval. That prompted Bell Media to order a spinoff drama, Primeval: New World, which adds new Canadian characters and story lines to the original British series and is set to debut here in Fall 2012.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR